Expressions can be flawful.. But Love Cannot..


From Childhood i never used to like my father for many reasons.. He was a perfectionist.  So he used to find faults in everything i do and used to scold me a lot.. So I was always afraid of him.. 

And by the time we get up in the morning he goes to work and mostly we sleep before he comes.. This affected the time we spend with our father... After my 5th std my parents decided to settle in my native place and so we shifted the whole stuff from Chennai to my house in the village.  It so happened that i could not get admission there due to some issues in the certificate.  So I returned with my father back to Chennai and was supposed to live for few weeks.  I was not so comfortable.. One or two days he tried to balance his work and caring me which seemed very difficult.  So he decided to drop me in my uncle's house.  I had a good time there for two weeks - movie, ice creams, playing with my cousins etc.. On a Sunday he came to see me and told my uncle that he will take me for that evening and drop me back tomorrow evening.  The moment we left their house my father held me closely and gave a tight hug.  Something happened in me.. This was the first time he did that.. He was moody while on the bus and the moment we entered my house he broke down with tears and was crying like a child.  He kept asking me what will you have.. Horlicks?? Milk?? Shall I buy something for you ?? He was caring in all ways possible with tears in his eyes.. I also cried for a long time.. Oh Dad.. Where was this Dad of my mine all these days ?  I gave him a big hug and did not want to leave him anymore in this life time.. Recently he was sharing how he had to carry me on a rainy day to the doctor in the late night with tears in his eyes.. Also mentioned how he used to restrict himself to only drink water whenever he was thirsty to save even a penny for his kids.. I have only seen his expressions and flaws in them.. In the process i missed that heart that:
Did not save anything for himself but gave everything to his family
That worked this whole life for his family
That silently sacrificed everything for the comfort of his children
That silently cried in front of God and saved a brave face to show to his family
That never waits for any appreciation or favors or credits even now

Oh God never ever i should miss to see those hearts who loved me and loves me ....

My Dad..
A Silent Performer
A Perfectionist
A Sincere and Dedicated Warrior
A Committed human being
A Brave and Big Hearted Man
A  Disciplined Role Model (No Bad Habits)

Words are not enough to express my Gratitude to him.. When I met him today i had noted in my heart.. Dad i will write for you.. but i did not expect that to happen today.. Jaigurudev


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…