In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…

I don’t know if I had to pay back to the city I grew up this way…
I don’t know if i was lucky to be there this time…
I don’t know if I was destined to be here….

In my Child hood once when there was continuous rains I remember praying… Rain Rain go away… My bro and me even made a song for the same… May be that is why I had to be there to welcome this…

I never ever felt that this was too much … Somewhere in me there was this acceptance of the outpour.. 

Because ….

It happened more than 6 months ago I came to know that a disaster (tsunami kind of disaster) is going to struck Chennai this day…

I knew the Master knew this… But waited to see how HE handles this…
But ran out of patience and the fear that knowing this I am not doing anything about this..
Went to HIM and asked what to do ??? First HE did not answer…
But later HE said it will be not be major.. Don’t Worry…

Went back with Confidence…
But always remembered the one line HE told many times to me when HE send me to Chennai… “Let a BIG WAVE come in Chennai..”
Was it this Wave ??? Mind was in fear…

The day came…  But the day came very slowly … So that everyone was prepared…
It started raining even 20 days before … It gave a good week break and it came again with a bang…

But it was only ….
To give an opportunity for everyone to come together..
To make everyone realize that they should love each other…
To warn us that don’t take Nature for granted….
To make us realize that how we have changed internally and externally towards the worst…

For the Ego to meet the heart it took a disaster…

Power was lost.. All the tools were not helpful..
Connectivity was lost… All the Gadgets/Technology was useless..
Mobility was lost… Because people did not have boats with them…
Finally Ego was lost… Because it was already in the Water.. Or was washed away with the Floods..

With all money, house, security one had… Had to take food from an unknown… And live with uncertainty….

But according to me…
It was the most peaceful disaster ever struck…

Even while there was no food to eat, no place to sleep
Chennai Kids were playing…
Chennai People were smiling …
Chennai Cared for everyone else…
Chennai Shared whatever they had…
Not with near and dear ones …But the ones they never knew ..

This was established in the air …. Chennai has not lost its culture....
It was just overshadowed …. And the rains brought the light to remove the shadow away….

And Art of Living joined in this sharing… caring…
And Me and my team joined in this…

With a Great Smile…
With Great Confidence…
With Great Wonder…
How my Master could ?? How My God could ??

Convert even the most devastating event in to an …
Event of Realization…
Event of Learning…
Event of Togetherness…
Event of Caring and Sharing…

And left in search for that BIG EGO they were carrying….
Just to realize that they lost it.. Or was washed away with the Floods..
Thanks to the Master… Thanks to God….. Thanks to Nature…
Latest News is that I continue in Chennai… Now to bring the real Wave of Joy/Happiness there…..

Salutations/Prayers…

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey My dear one you have started writing in your inimitable style again. But as you say it took a flood.
Thank you Brahmatej ji.. I will find that space more now. Prayers
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Heart touching lines.. Jai GuruDev!
Anonymous said…
When Chennai Rose - Nice write up about Chennai caring everyone without any conditions. #ChennaiRising
AjithKumarKP said…
Yes it's true , Chennai floods washed away the ego
AjithKumarKP said…
Yes it's true , Chennai floods washed away the ego
Prateek Neema said…
Touched, it reminds me to give back something to the city, it's people, to my teacher and our Master.
Unknown said…
Prakasji. Great !!!! You have beautifully captured the essence of what happened. JGD
devika said…
Thankyou soo much Prakashji for the wonderful thought soaked in touching words!!
devika said…
Thankyou soo much Prakashji for the wonderful thought soaked in touching words!!
Anand said…
Swept away...jgd..!!
Harish said…
Great post Prakash Ji!! The emotions and sentiments of many well captured and even more wonderfully articulated :)
gnaneshwar said…
Prakasji, nice to see a composition that is from the heart.Gnaneshwar

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live