One World Family

One World Family - World Cultural Festival 

In my childhood I felt family did not create a big impact on me ...or I would say i took them for granted..
Whenever I have moved away from them I did not I feeI I missed them. May be because i felt my parents were not much educated and I judged them with their behavior or I compared with other parents.  I was afraid of my mother because she will beat. I was afraid of my father because He was a perfectionist and will scold mostly.  My brother was five years younger than me so I could never relate to him as a friend. I lost my sister when she was too young.  

In my teen i found my love/belongingness with my friends and they were above all for me.  I would do anything for them even against my family. When life moved further searched for a companion with most true love and failed to find.  But found I may not fit in the bill.  So my dream of having a ideal family continued, where every one is happy, caring for each other, sharing for everyone. With out jealousy, greed and with at most sacrifice... I wondered will I ever be able to make one or join one...

Even though I joined Art of Living in 1998-99 it was mere breathing exercises for me.  But by time, yes it has changed many things in my life - Love, Gratitude and Behavior and brought in a lot of change. One day I heard Sri Sri Ravishankar ji said in a satsang that we are a big family.  I could not relate to this till recent times.

When i had to work with the person I don't like...
When I had to serve the person I did not know..
When I had to praise a person who I felt was not worth it..
When I had to continue this spiritual journey who i could not relate to...

But life has taught me... Art of Living has taught me...

To Accept... Not waiting to create the family I perceived... But to see this big family around me...

Conditional is not family... Family is Unconditional....
Like how my mother loved me even when I judged her...
Like how my father took care of me even when i tried to keep away from him...
And Like how my Guru has kept me along with all my imperfections and loving me unconditionally...

But now Art of Living have taught me...

All my Virtues are but to inspire people around me..
All my Skills are but to make others around me comfortable and happy...

I have no choice but to live for others... 
But when I do willingly... happily... mindfully... And truly full in my heart I am in my family... I live for my family...I have a family around... 

Start with your house... it will be your home...
Start with your office.. it will be your home...
Start with your society... it will your home...
And keep starting everywhere you go... And Continue ...

Till this world become your home...
Till you know that this planet is a One world Family....

And join use to bring a smile in every ones face in this family ...

This March We have a Family get together... 
We have named it World Cultural Festival - 
The get together of the One World Family..

If you feel part of this family come to celebrate...
If you dont feel part of it still come and be part of this...

For this family welcomes everyone in this planet with open hands and filled hearts....

Jaigurudev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…