A Sorry to my Teacher

A Sorry which is pending for long time ....
To My Teacher ...  Oh Teacher ... I am Sorry ...

On a Saturday it was a special class. Vacation from the Uniforms. Vacation from the usual school pressures. Everyone was colourful and special as expected. Particularly the girls in our class. It is only these days they get to wear special dresses.  So they are happy, and boys too are happy to see them special.  Everyone was in a Relaxed Mood...

Some of us always went early to the School to play cricket in that little time before time. That day I scored few runs. Was excited but had to stop batting and was forced to enter the classroom as the teacher came on time.  

The class started and the teacher was in a lighter mood.  Teacher asked hope all of you looking forward for the class.. From nowhere i replied "Boring Teacher".  It was a question on a lighter note and i believed my answer too was in a lighter note.  

Suddenly teacher looked shocked and after a few seconds of silence went back to her chair and sat down.  Tears rolled down her eyes..  Everyone was shocked. No doubt i was almost in Coma.  I just stood up and i saw the teacher was leaning down on the table and crying.  Most of the class was looking at me with a "What have you done ?" attitude.  Some felt sorry for me as they understood i was joking. 

Standing there, Minutes were like Years for Me. Some came to me and advised to go and talk to the teacher. No doubt i was also crying.  Inside me i know i did not do to hurt the teacher but i realized the impact it has created on her.  

She was the most senior teacher in the school.  She was called "Pundit" by many (A revered and rare expert) and she had few books for her credit and was one of the most respected person by one and all.  More than all that she was like a mother for all of us.  

Gaining strength i told her sorry many times.  My Sorries and explanations did not console her and she left to the teachers room.  Finally with the advise of certain friends and their support we  went and met her in the teachers room.  I was afraid that other teachers will know.  

I was a studios boy and was sincere and had a good boy image with the teachers and students.  All broke in to pieces in one second.  I had great respect for all teachers and was God fearing.  I went and apologised and after some time she came back to the class.  

Today when i am also teaching, i realize the hurt she would have gone through. Particularly when she was passionate about her teaching and a revered expert in her subject. 
After more than 30 years the impression in me is still strong. Few times went to the school but could not meet her till now and did not get a chance to say sorry properly from my heart.

Oh My Teacher... 
Hope it has not created any strong Impressions in you..  If yes please accept My Sorry and big Hug from Me. This Hug is a special one from far and far away ... 

And...
I have loaded all my Affection for you In this One… 
I have loaded all my Admiration for you in this One…
I have loaded all my Respect for you in this One…
I have loaded all my Love for you with this One…

And...
I am sure this Hug will erase the hurt for ever.  Today i want to say you are one of the best teachers i have learned from ..  Love you My Dear Teacher...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…