A Grand Day in My Life with my Grand Mother...

Life is always Grand...But if we fail to notice it at least we can notice there are many Events that are Grand in our Life. And they bring Grand Moments in our Life with Grand People..... And if we notice Life becomes Grand because of all the Grand Events... Grand Moments... Grand People....
Some such Grand People in our lives are our Grand Parents... Lucky ones are those who are brought up by Grand Parents... For the Parents the Child is new... Parenting is New... Grand Parents brings really the Parenting to our lives....
Brought up in a Metro City like Chennai we always wait for the summer vacation of a month where we go to our native place to be with our Grand Parents.....Playing with Cows.. Playing in the Paddy Fields... Playing in the river... Praying in the village temple... Playing with my Cousins.. Attractions were many....
And on the day to leave back will look in to the eyes of my Grand mother and Cry... Such Pain it used to be .... Need to wait for one year to meet her again....But this separation always kept the longing to meet her and our family again... As Children we did not know much of the constraints of the family we always want to comeback to the village ...
In one such trip to my Village one day My mother and entire family had to go to some temple far away and my Grand Mother was not well. So they decided to leave me to take care of her. So i stayed back. May be this was one day for my Grand mother also to express her love totally with no clutches from my mothers protection. Those days I was also not matured enough to express or understand her expressions....
The moment the rest of my family left the home my grand mother and me made the grand plan.. to cook, clean and many other things... As i was the eldest son in the family i was always trained for all the work at home... I was under her guidance and I loved the whole day... A special day... A Grand Day... A Unforgettable Day...
We together did many simple house hold things.. I noticed as the day progressed she became super fit. We Cleaned the whole house and the Cow Shed... Took the Cow for Gracing... Made Sambhar and Rice ... I gave her the medicine after the exclusive lunch with full of love... And in the Evening milked the cow along with her... Plucked some Mangoes and Jackfruits. Took care of the Hens and Goats in the house.. Helped her grind the flour for the Pana Cakes for next morning.....
In between all these i picked my chances to go and hug her and kiss her soft tummy... Yes she had soft and big tummy and as she wears a south indian style blouse and dhothi she always exposed her tummy ha ha . All her grand children we used to run and tightly hug her tummy and kiss her. May be we could only reach that height.. There was a competition for that.. Yes we all loved her tummy so much ... May be because it has starved many days in life to bring her children up....Because it has carried our mothers in that... Because it was full of love and care.. Yes my Grand Father left this world when my mother was 3 years old. So it was my Grand Mother who kept the family together and brought them up and got them married. Yes her tummy would also had to bear so much of pain and digest it....
Till her last breath she always mentioned about this day we spend together that i am a very good boy and i cook well and that i know all household work... Above all that it was a day with my Grand Mother.. That Grand Lady one of the Grand People i met in this life....
Today my mother is also a Grand Mother and the way she longs to be with her Grand Children.. Longs to take care of all her sons.... Only thing she wants to do is to Serve us and Wish all of us be well in life... One whole life time they have given to us... Unimaginable.. Today we are busy many times and we dont’ want them to interfere in our life... But we forgot one whole time they have given to us... For them we have not grown yet... We are still their Children ...
Blessed are those who got a chance to spend time with their grand parents... To be brought up by their Grand Parents..... When my memories of my Grand Parents brush through.... I feel the light and vibes behind me as their presence to bless and pray for us even after they have left their body... Pranams to all those Grand People... The Grand Parents... The Grand Moments they gave.... Pranams for dedicating their Grand Life for us.... Love and Love Only...

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…