The Lasting Last Mile of Seva....


Seva:
 
Where Did it Start in My Life ???
When I used to go all the way to the next street to show the way to the strangers in my childhood ??
When i used to show my answer paper to my friends to copy ??

When I used to spend my nights in hospitals for friends and relatives whenever they needed ??
When Knowingly, Unknowingly guided few people to good heights in life ??
When i had to organize my own part i program in Southern Africa ???

I don't know... But I knew this for sure .. that many times It was cluttered with my ambitions... it got effected with my negative emotions....

It took time to settle down... 

Decided not to take up a Job and dedicate my life to the Society...  thought this is the last mile and crossed... 

Realized that...I was looking for appreciation from the people... it did not come ... Gave up... thought this is the last mile and crossed... 


But then I was looking for atleast an acknowledgment from the people... it did not come ... Crossed this Last Mile just to know the journey is long lasting... 
 
Wanted Acknowledgement from my Master.... Acknowledgement in words... Atleast By Attention.... 

Does HE know that I am doing so may things ????
God... Can someone go and tell HIM... Should I go and tell HIM....
What if it goes unnoticed at all till the end....

If HE also is not acknowledging what is the point of doing anything...

But then HE ignored...

The last mile never seems to be ending ..... While resting tired of this endless journey... Like a lighting this came to me....

Every Action is acknowledged...  If it is not acknowledged how does the Good and Bad Karma happens ??? When we do an action without even any one knowing in any corner of the world.. that ultimate intelligence knows it.... It is acknowledged.. Noted... There is no way to hide from it....

Knowing this is Faith....
Knowing this is Knowledge...
Knowing this every moment is Sadhana...
Sharing this with others is Satsang...
And Doing every action without even this expectation is Seva....

Is this the Last Mile ??  Everytime when Nature opens up new layer of my understanding of Seva, I thought this is the Last Mile... But the Journey Continues... Destination yet to be reached....


Oh... Expecting this also is not Seva... Let me get back to Seva....

May be the Journey is complete in itself... There is nowhere to reach... And any mile can be the Last Mile... And any moment can the Last Moment...  But for now the Last Mile is Lasting.........

Comments

Arie said…
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the miles of your journey:) really appreciate your openeness and insight in this. Jai Gurudev

I think wanting appreciation of surroundings including the master is very natural and core to life. I heard it is only there because we don't know who we are. When we do this need ceases to be

But for sure.
I also don't know
This i know
RSsmart said…
Excellent post.. Really liked your reflection & insights... Journey in itself is complete. I remember the knowleddge sheet of Guruji where he says, Be certain about the uncertainities of the world knowing well the certainity of the divine. Certainly you are in right place doing right thing at right time :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer to find my Sister Who I never Knew

I Live For You I live

In search of the Ego that lost in the Chennai Floods…